Poco F1 is certainly one of those devices that’s really impressed everyone including the modding community. With some good specs and adaptability, Poco has certainly crossed every expectations of Xiaomi and was named as “The Flagship Killer’s Killer”. Apart from it’s well optimized MIUI, Poco has got many other custom ROM’s available for it’s users. From Lineage OS to Pixel Experience and from Arrow OS to POSP Project, Poco has certainly managed to grab every developer and modding enthusiast’s attention.
On September 3rd, Google has finally released Android 10 after passing it through six beta stage iterations. But, it was released first and foremost to its Pixel phones lineup first. Apart from Pixel, devices like One Plus 7 Pro, Essential Phone and even Redmi’s K20 Pro managed to acquire the stable version of Android 10. We all know that POCO F1’s impressive specs deserve Android 10, but it hasn’t got the update yet. According to it’s official Twitter handle, the update for Android 10 is under the hood and Xiaomi is trying to release it as soon as possible and this post for the people who wants to explore the features of Android 10 before it’s official release. You can do that by installing the Pixel Experience ROM,
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps and all Pixel goodies included. This ROM gives an opportunity to users to experience the Google’s stock ROM features in it’s Pixel Phones. It’s mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device. If you own a POCO device and If your are bored with your stock MIUI, You should try this ROM as it gives you.
- Android Stock Experience.
- Stable OS Updates and Fixes.
- Freedom from annoying Bloatware (Pre-installed and less used apps)
- Clean UI.
- Pre-Installed Google’s GCAM.
Pixel Experience got updated to Android 10 just today itself and it is smooth as butter apart from two minor issues. According to Jhenrique, the ROM is quite stable with some problems under the hood and that’s the reason why it was marked as beta.
Before jumping into the installation process, let’s first see the known issues that this ROM has got.
- SELinux is permissive: If the ROM has got SELinux as permissive it means that the ROM is provided with SELinux in “Permissive” mode by default, this likely means that the policy it contains is not reliable enough to be safely switched into “Enforcing” mode.
- Wifi display (also know as miracast) is not working.
- Manual network selection is not working.
Serious Advice: Backup Your Data
If you feel you are good with the ROM that you have now in your phone, Then before installing this ROM, I advice you to do a backup of your ROM using TWRP. By doing this you can save yourself from any installation Errors.
Spoiler: In order to install it, You have to unlock your Bootloader and install Magisk. I will update a detailed procedure soon. Stay Tuned.
- Wipe cache (both), system and data (dont wipe anything else)
- If you are already on 10.3.7.0 no need to flash vendor/firmware. Those who are not on 10.3.7.0, flash latest stable firmware do not flash vendor from here.
- Download the ROM from here.
- Flash the PE 10 ROM through TWRP.
- Flashing magisk is NOT RECOMMENDED, Flash DFE without magisk. (You can just download and delete Magisk.apk in Disable Force Encryption) from here.
- Finally restart to system.
Note: First boot might take some time.The Initial build has negligible/minor glitches. It is not recommended for users who are looking for stable experience.
If you find trouble booting or bootloop, then try clean flashing and do a factory reset through TWRP after flashing the rom.
P.S I installed this ROM just an hour ago. It will take at least a day for me to roll into it deeply. If i found any issues lurking around, I will update it in this page. Stay Tuned and follow us on Facebook and YouTube for more new updates.
Like this tutorial? Check out his tutorial to see how to install Oxygen OS on Poco F1.